Architect and Engineer Liability in Texas
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
The problems presented to design professionals in the coming decade include not only business issues, but also liability issues. This OnDemand Webinar is intended to provide design professionals with legal input – not advice – concerning how to avoid liability claims. Avoidance can occur through client and project selection and through contracting. This program will provide guidance on contractual provisions which can shift responsibility and also be beneficial in client selection. The OnDemand Webinar will also address what happens when a claim is made and how the design professional can respond. The program will highlight recent developments that provide benefits to design professionals when claims are made and will provide instructions on how to take advantage of the tools available.
- You will be able to discuss contractual liability protection for design professionals.
- You will be able to review claim response.
- You will be able to describe claim avoidance.
- You will be able to recognize economic loss rule.
AuthorsRichard A. Capshaw, Capshaw & Associates
Contractual Liability Protection for Design Professionals
- Limitation of Liability
- Waiver of Consequential Damages
- Certificate of Merit
- Standard of Care Liabilities
- Contractual Defenses
- Client Selection
- Economic Loss Rule - Contractual Strangers
- Negligent Misrepresentation
- Suing for Fees