Utilizing GPS and GIS Applications
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
GIS is more than a way to make a map and GPS is more than a way to find your location. GIS can be used for management of resources, analysis of systems, and as a tool for conveying complex geospatial data. The applications of GIS and GPS can be simple or complex depending on your needs. This OnDemand Webinar will cover the basic elements of a GIS and the basic capabilities of GPS. Numerous examples of GIS and GPS systems will be shown and discussed, including sources of data, how the application was set up, and hardware and software used. There will be discussion of the types of resources and personnel necessary to set up and operate a GIS, as well as other questions and issues that arise when you consider implementing or working with a GIS system.
- You will be able to review GIS and GPS Basics.
- You will be able to discuss data sources and types.
- You will be able to recognize the importance of metadata.
- You will be able to define issues to consider if you want to use GIS/GPS.
AuthorsSuzette R. Burckhard, South Dakota State University
GIS and GPS Basics
• Hardware and Software
Data Sources and Types
• Finding Data You Can Use
• Issues in Creating Data
• Importance of Metadata
What Types of Questions Can GIS and GPS Answer for You?
• Examples of GIS Systems for Management
• Examples of GIS Systems for Analysis
Issues to Consider If You Want to Use GIS/GPS